Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tasting - Ancient Peaks Cabernet Sauvignon with the Hill Family

Name: Ancient Peaks Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Paso Robles, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $16.98

Winery Review: Cabernet Sauvignon excels in our estate Margarita Vineyard, where the varietal benefits from one of the longest growing seasons in the Paso Robles appellation. Here, our Cabernet Sauvignon grapes achieve full ripeness while maintaining exceptional balance and structure.

My Review: Very nice garnet color almost purple really. Loved the aroma of this one with a nice but not overpowering fruit smell. The taste was very fruity with a bit of sweetness to it and not very dry like the merlot. I really liked this red wine and is my favorite of the reds I tried with my family in our at home wine tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment