Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tasting - Lights Out Shiraz with the Hill Family

Name: Lights Out Shiraz
Variety: Syrah
Region: Barossa Valley
Country: Australia
Year: 2008
Price: $17

Winery Review:
A seamless wine that is rich, yet soft and sumptuous. Vibrant berry fruits with sweet spice and balanced oak.
Pair with steak, lamb, barbeques and hearty stews.

My Review: This was the first shiraz I have had and I have to say I am not really a fan. Not that it was a terrible wine but just not my thing. It had a nice red color and a fruity smell but this wine go very peppery in the taste and had a kick too it. It really burned from me going down and I am just not a fan. It was a little tangy but over all a bitter burn. My aunt admitting to buying for the label but from some of her past purchases this was drinkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment